Quantcast

Mar 8, 2012

Booking Through Thursday

I love the interaction between book bloggers ~ we go to each other's sites, share ideas, and discuss what we're reading, what we should read next, and just basic questions only a book addict would think to ask.


Here's a question from Booking Through Thursday ~ a weekly meme that asks questions about reading, characters, book blogs, etc.


This week's question:


Which non-series book would you most like to read the sequel to? Do you have any wishes for what might happen in it?


I've heard a lot of people say there are too many series, trilogies, and sagas in the reading world today, but I wouldn't have it any other way. If a story is so good that you become drunk on it and walk around in a reading-induced-zombie-like-coma, why would you want to stop at a mere 300+ pages or so? 


One that comes to mind is Stephenie Meyer's The Host. That poor novel was overshadowed by Meyer's monster of a creation, Twilight, and I fear it hasn't got the attention it deserves. I actually read The Host before I read the love saga that's swept the nation, and it is what inspired me to try out more of Meyer's books. The only thing I didn't like was how short it was. I wanted to know how the world got the way it did and what would happen next. I wish there was a prequel, a sequel, something, anything! 








Happy Reading Everyone :)


~ Keely ~

2 comments:

  1. I'm one of those people who thinks there's too many series and sequels :-)

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate you taking the time to comment :) It really means so much to me!! Thanks for stopping by!