Quantcast

Mar 19, 2012

Musing Monday

This week's musing poses the question:

Would you choose to review a book if it's description sounded interesting but the cover was terrible? 




You know, I used to 'judge a book by it's cover,' if you want to put it that way, but I've learned my lesson time and time again. I still think the cover is a part of the book and should justify the beauty inside, and my eyes automatically look toward the book with the breathtaking cover, but I wouldn't turn down a book that sounded good just because there was effort lacking in making it look good. I'd shake my head and shame whoever was in charge, but I wouldn't condemn the whole book. The cover is supposed to serve a marketing purpose, drawing the eye to that particular book. It's supposed to make it stand out from the rest, and books with fabulous covers do get picked first.

(Lesson learned: Ever read Lauren Kate's Fallen Series? BEAUTIFUL book covers, horrible storytelling.)

Happy Reading Everyone :)


~ Keely ~

3 comments:

  1. Love your answer! Eye catching covers usually are my selling point, but most times I am pleasantly surprised at what is on the inside. :)

    Here's mine:

    http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2012/03/musing-mondays-movie-review-we-bought.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly, some books out there have gorgeous covers but are really awful, so why shouldn't the opposite also be true?

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/03/musing-mondays_19.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been asked to review a book but I probably wouldn't turn it away if it had a great premise.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate you taking the time to comment :) It really means so much to me!! Thanks for stopping by!