Quantcast

Apr 23, 2012

Musing Mondays

Happy Monday! (if there is such a thing)... It's a rainy, dark, and overall gloomy day here in Maine ~ perfect day for curling up in front of my fire and reading ~ and lucky for me, work isn't on the docket today :).

Here's this week's Musing Monday:

Other than working at a job, what is your biggest interruption to reading? What takes you away from your book(s)?


As much as I'd love to permanently live inside the magical pages of a book, I can't allow my life to happen around me while I immerse myself in my own little world. It's difficult to pull myself away, but I have a wonderful husband and two furry children who deserve my undivided attention, and I have a new house that I am slowly but surely forming into a cozy sanctuary. That and I have family that lives a few hours away, and most of the time, weekends are filled with visits and busy plans that don't involve quite, alone time to read (I wish I could read in the car while my love drives, but it inevitably makes me sick).  Another thing that takes me away is the stress caused by my job. I'm only there forty hours a week, but sometimes I come home unable to focus on anything because of a headache due to the silly and ridiculous events of the day. Finding a job I love (and get paid for) isn't an easy task ~ that's why I try to fill the rest of my day with things that truly matter to me whether it's reading, writing, or family.

Happy Reading Everyone :)


~ Keely ~

17 comments:

  1. Hi Keeley I'm from book blogs and welcome ! There are a lot of talented and fun people there. Hope you can follow me at http://bethartfromtheheart.blogspot.com/
    I feel that reading gives me a chance at an open mind, because I will read just about anything. Any way I am following you as Lucyatmax through GFC. Enjoy your time here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting!! I am following you back :)

      Happy Reading :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Keely!
    It's dark and gloomy, raining buckets here in RI, not too far from Maine!
    I just followed you back and added you to the main frame page! Thanks ~Lisa

    http://pnrurbanfantasyreviews.blogspot.com/


    P.S. I see your reading Providence. It's on my TBR pile and I'm curious to know how you like it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, forgot to say from Book Blogs Social Media Group :)

      Delete
    2. Providence has sucked me right in. I just finished another book by the author, Beautiful Disaster (review here ), and I have to say, the author knows how to keep you turning the page.. I'm only a chapter into Providence (started yesterday), but I'm seeing a trend with this Jamie McGuire ~ her books will keep you up at night :)

      Delete
  3. I happen to get distracted by my dog also :) & like you; I think of her as my 2nd child lol - She acts just like my 5 year old! haha
    Thanks for stopping by my blog :)
    - New Follower <3


    Tabby @Insightful Minds

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well as I'm trying to read this thing my 1 year old neighbor is trying to climb my back to get over my shoulder. The kid is a monkey!

    Not much gets in the way of my reading tho. I lock myself in my room most of the time and ignore anybody who calls me or tries to reach me.

    It's cool you have a fireplace

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooops..let me get that right..what I meant was, Real Life can be such a time drain..but what can you do? lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know what you mean, stress at work can really drain you.
    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/04/musing-mondays_23.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great response. A very pretty blog too. You can read my MM here http://riereviews.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/musing-mondays.html You can count me in as new follower :) I love these meme posts, I find so many great blogs.
    Love Rie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. My answer was much the same as yours, family is definitely #1! Great answer, thanks for sharing. Here's my MM: http://booking-and-hooking.blogspot.ca/2012/04/musing-mondays-apr23.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE your answer! Family is definitely a welcome distraction – thank you for sharing! :)

    Here’s mine:

    http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2012/04/musing-mondays-to-z-challenge-t.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a thoughtful answer about how work interferes with reading. I've never considered that being overworked at school might lead to a reading slump.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sorry about your job stress. That's never good!! But I also live in a new home, and I am very busy transporting all my stuff from the old house (only an hour away) each week, as well as running an Etsy shop and playing with my puppies! Great post, and you have a new follower as well. :) Would love it if you could check out mine <--- :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have an Etsy shop as well.. although, it's mostly just to showcase my work.. you seem to keep very busy!

      Delete
  13. Nice answer. Like you I cannot read in the car. Here is my post.

    MM

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate you taking the time to comment :) It really means so much to me!! Thanks for stopping by!