Quantcast

Jun 11, 2012

Musing Monday




This week’s musing asks…


What is the longest book you have ever read? How long did it take you to read it?




Definitely The Stand by Stephen King.  At 1,152 pages, it's no wonder it took me the better part of three months to finish. I don't think it was just the length that had me slowly chipping away at the pages, but the gloomy tone that I tended to need a break from every few days.

Incredible book ~ I'm a huge fan of Stephen King ~ but if you've read any of his books, you know even the most joyous moments in his novels are tinged with darkness.

4 comments:

  1. Keely,

    I think the Stand was the longest book I read also. Took me a week when I was stationed in Japan!

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, sometimes you can just get enough of King's writing but I am a huge fan and love his work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read The Stand...probably GWTW and several Russian novels were the longest ones....here's MY MUSING MONDAYS POST

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you, King is my go-to guy for long books. I enjoy his writing.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate you taking the time to comment :) It really means so much to me!! Thanks for stopping by!