Quantcast

Oct 5, 2012

Feature and Follow



Feature and Follow is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read ~ gain new followers, make new connections, and learn a bit about the people that make up the wonderful community of book bloggers.

Q: What do you hope to accomplish with your blog? Is it to one day become an author yourself, just for fun, maybe get some online attention, or maybe something very different?

There are many different reasons I've joined the book blogging world ~ and have every intention of staying. I do hope to become an author myself one day, and although I didn't realize it until I was actually neck deep in my blog, I find that it's probably one of the best research tools in regards to the core elements people like to see in books of all genres. That's a very small piece, though, explaining why I wake up an hour to two hours earlier every day just to immerse myself in this community.

Fun ~ there's no lack of that when it comes to book blogging ~ but I also find it completely awesome that I can be myself and people understand my enthusiasm over books, stories, characters, writing... I see a lot of people every day, but no one I know gets it the way other book bloggers do. Getting excited about a new release or an incredible book that rocked my world gains me a lot of blank what the heck is she talking about looks most of the time.. My book blog is my own, personal little sanctuary ~ it's a place I can go to and discuss anything and everything about the books I'm reading or can't wait to read. That, and I get to meet so many others who feel the same passion for the written word. It's one of my favorite places to be ;)


::other news::



Excited about Halloween???? Well, if you're not, I'm probably excited enough for the both of us.. This wonderful month of October is my favorite of all the twelve that make up the year.. And to celebrate, I'm hosting a wonderfully spooky giveaway that focuses on the classic horror that's inspired so many other great scary, horrific, or paranormal stories ~ this is where it all began! 

So don't forget to get your spook on :)



Happy Reading Everyone :)


~ Keely ~

15 comments:

  1. This is a lovely blog. And it's so true that blogs are a great way to learn more about what readers want and books are all about. I talk about books now more than ever! Oh, and of course I now follow you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10/05/2012

    Agreed 100%. The book blogging community is just the best place to be, and it's a great way to stay updated with written worlds and share opinions and whatnot.

    New Follower!

    Check out my FF at http://theyabookgeek.blogspot.com.au/2012/10/feature-and-follow-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! New follower. :) And blogging can be addicting too, lol.

    MA Church
    http://machurch00.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree completely!!
    The blogging world is the best research tool around for so many things!!!

    Old follower-
    Come check out My FF
    -Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sort of.. well ok.. completely obsessed with blogging. I think it's lots of fun too!
    Here's my FF.
    Happy Friday!
    Ashley
    #BookNerd

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful answer. I love mingling with like minded people who get crazy excited about books like I do. Definitely get those looks from my friends too! Thanks for sharing.

    Old follower.

    Christina @ Ensconced in YA
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopping through. I'd like to become an author someday too. Blogging definitely does give you a better idea of what people want in a book.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeh, I never thought about using the blogging community for research on demographics and interests for book writing, great answer!
    -Novel Reveries

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your answer & I think it perfectly sums it up for me as well! Thanks for sharing :)

    New GFC Follower!

    Here's my FFF

    Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally agree with you there! I get those "what the heck is she talking about" looks all the time! And I hope you fufill your dream of becoming a author one day. New GFC follower!

    Daphne @ Reading Until Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello! I love the question and the answers I have been reading this week. Thanks for stopping by my FF this week!! Yeah!

    Angie
    Angela's Anxious Life

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous10/05/2012

    Having fun is definitely the best motivation for blogging :)

    Thanks for stopping by me Friday Hop

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun and community are two great reasons. :)

    Old follower. My FF: http://moonlit-librarian.blogspot.com/2012/10/feature-and-follow-friday-oct-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. A book blogger's excitement over literature is incomparable but I'm glad to have such a great community to share it with. Thanks for stopping by on my hop. New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    I agree, having fun is a very good reason for having a blog.
    I followed you back!

    - Cindy
    http://bookaholicfaggots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate you taking the time to comment :) It really means so much to me!! Thanks for stopping by!