Quantcast

Jan 16, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine in which we spotlight upcoming new releases we can't wait to add to our shelves.

This week, I'm waiting for:

The Murmurings by Carly Ann West
Release Date: March 5, 2013

A teen girl starts hearing the same voices that drove her sister to commit suicide in this creepy, suspenseful novel.

Everyone thinks Sophie’s sister, Nell, went crazy. After all, she heard strange voices that drove her to commit suicide. But Sophie doesn’t believe that Nell would take her own life, and she’s convinced that Nell’s doctor knows more than he’s letting on.

As Sophie starts to piece together Nell’s last days, every lead ends in a web of lies. And the deeper Sophie digs, the more danger she’s in—because now she’s hearing the same haunting whispers. Sophie’s starting to think she’s going crazy too. Or worse, that maybe she’s not….

They hear the most silent of footsteps.

They are faster than anything you've ever seen.
And They won't stop chasing you...until you are dead.



Amy is watching TV when it happens, when the world is attacked by Them. These vile creatures are rapidly devouring mankind. Most of the population is overtaken, but Amy manages to escape—and even rescue “Baby,” a toddler left behind in the chaos. Marooned in Amy’s house, the girls do everything they can to survive—and avoid Them at all costs.



After years of hiding, they are miraculously rescued and taken to New Hope, a colony of survivors living in a former government research compound. While at first the colony seems like a dream with plenty of food, safety, and shelter, New Hope slowly reveals that it is far from ideal. And Amy soon realizes that unless things change, she’ll lose Baby—and much more.



Rebellious, courageous, and tender, this unforgettable duo will have you on the edge of your seat as you tear through the pulse-pounding narrow escapes and horrifying twists of fate in this thrilling debut from author Demitria Lunetta.


Happy Reading Everyone :)


~ Keely ~





11 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    The cover for The Murmurings is a little scary, but the summary sounds interesting. Hope you get to read it when it is published.

    Alisa @ The Novel Nook

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Murmurings was my WoW of last week - I can't wait to read it!
    Great Picks, and thanks for stopping by my blog ;)

    Patricia @ Night Readings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These both look spooky good! Thanks for sharing...and enjoy!

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to read Murmerings as well.
    Hope you get to read it soon!
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm adding both to my TBR shelf
    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blog header and background! I haven't seen either of this books but they both sound really interesting, I'll have to check them out on Goodreads. Great picks!

    Alise @ Readers In Wonderland
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm waiting on both of these! I actually won a copy of the Murmurings but it had yet to come. I am intrigued about the voices she hears and if they are real or in her mind. In The After I am wondering about the evils of New Hope and what has taken over earth. Vamps or zombies or something? Great picks and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh I cant wait for this either! And the cover is sooo creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, and thanks for commenting on my WOW!! Your choices are like, oooohhh, crreeeppy,...they're probably going to be SO hard to put down!! So I'm adding them to my TBR right away!! Thanks for sharing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. In the After looks SO great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have both books on my to-read list and I can't wait to get my hands on them... I really like the sound of both of them and I'm really excited. Awesome picks!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate you taking the time to comment :) It really means so much to me!! Thanks for stopping by!