Quantcast

Jan 9, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine in which we showcase a book (or books) that we can't wait to get our grubby little hands on!

This week, I'm anxiously waiting for:

The Archived by Victoria Schwab
Release Date: January 22nd

Imagine a place where the dead rest on shelves like books.

Each body has a story to tell, a life seen in pictures that only Librarians can read. The dead are called Histories, and the vast realm in which they rest is the Archive.

Da first brought Mackenzie Bishop here four years ago, when she was twelve years old, frightened but determined to prove herself. Now Da is dead, and Mac has grown into what he once was, a ruthless Keeper, tasked with stopping often-violent Histories from waking up and getting out. Because of her job, she lies to the people she loves, and she knows fear for what it is: a useful tool for staying alive.

Being a Keeper isn't just dangerous-it's a constant reminder of those Mac has lost. Da's death was hard enough, but now her little brother is gone too. Mac starts to wonder about the boundary between living and dying, sleeping and waking. In the Archive, the dead must never be disturbed. And yet, someone is deliberately altering Histories, erasing essential chapters. Unless Mac can piece together what remains, the Archive itself might crumble and fall.

In this haunting, richly imagined novel, Victoria Schwab reveals the thin lines between past and present, love and pain, trust and deceit, unbearable loss and hard-won redemption.


Doesn't that just sound beautiful, frightening, and heartbreaking? I'm foaming at the mouth to read this.

AND



Spellcaster by Claudia Gray
Release Date:  March 5th 
When Nadia’s family moves to Captive’s Sound, she instantly realizes there’s more to it than meets the eye. Descended from witches, Nadia senses a dark and powerful magic at work in her new town. Mateo has lived in Captive’s Sound his entire life, trying to dodge the local legend that his family is cursed - and that curse will cause him to believe he’s seeing the future … until it drives him mad. When the strange dreams Mateo has been having of rescuing a beautiful girl—Nadia—from a car accident come true, he knows he’s doomed. 

Despite the forces pulling them apart, Nadia and Mateo must work together to break the chains of his family’s terrible curse, and to prevent a disaster that threatens the lives of everyone around them.

Sounds kind of Secret Circle-ish ~ so I can dig it. :)


What are you waiting for??


Happy Reading Everyone :)


~ Keely ~



17 comments:

  1. Anonymous1/09/2013

    Spellcaster looks amazing and I love the pretty cover, it's gorgeous but dark. I don't quite get what The Archive is about but it does sound absolutely amazing, so I'll be getting that soon as it's released.

    My WOW this week

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jade I know, The Archive's synopsis is intriguing enough to get your attention but vague enough to get you wondering what it's all going to mean... Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw The Archived a while back, but not really my type. Love the cover though :)

    What I'm Waiting for This Wednesday
    My Enormous TBR Pile

    ReplyDelete
  4. These both are really great picks. I can't wait for them.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Archived looks very good...thanks for sharing!

    Here' sMY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Archive is one I def wanna read. Great pick. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to read both of these, especially The Archived. LOVE the premise behind it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want to read Spellcaster! Nice picks :)
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep, both of these are on my TBR list. They just look so incredible. I hope you get to read them soon.

    Here's mine

    ~Danica Page
    Taking It One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Archived sounds interesting, I hadn't heard of it. Here's my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both look good. I have not heard of these. Might just have to check them out.

    Smile beautiful!
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    I chose The Archived for my WoW as well! We're so in sync!

    So far, I've only read Fateful (I believe) by Claudia Gray, but Spellcaster sounds great!

    Lust For Stories

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are both amazing and definitively something to wait on. Great picks! Thanks for stepping by and sharing, and happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Excited for both! Love the idea of a library full of memories and I also love witches! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great picks! Both of these are on my to-read list. I actually have The Archived pre-ordered and cannot WAIT for it to get to me!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ~Merin @ Read and Reviewed

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate you taking the time to comment :) It really means so much to me!! Thanks for stopping by!