Quantcast

Aug 9, 2012

Booking Through Thursday



Q. Name a book you love in a genre you normally don’t care for. What made you decide to read it? Did it make you want to try more in that genre?


Well, I never considered myself to be a fan of steampunk novels. It's not that I tried to avoid them for any particular reason, it's just that I always found myself drawn to something else. I guess it's something about the 'machine' that's always turned me off because I'm more of a 'flesh-and-blood-myth' type of girl. I enjoy reading about impossible things that are based on legend, that humans have no control over, that have *supposedly* been around since anyone can remember. I guess I always veered away from steampunk novels because technology is an invention created by humans, and the destruction that occurs from that is entirely possible.

Wow, that doesn't even make a whole lot of sense as I read it over. O well, there it is. What made me decide to read this genre were the raving reviews and beautiful covers of Cassandra Clare's steampunk novels. I started with The Infernal Devices series and moved on to The Mortal Instruments, and I was pleasantly surprised to discover that I loved them and couldn't come up with a good enough reason why I decided to stay away from book revolving around that genre. 

I will more than likely be reading more :).



Happy Reading Everyone :)


~ Keely ~

4 comments:

  1. I cannot read Paranormal stuff.

    Here is my BTT post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm curious about Steampunk...haven't gone there yet.

    Here's MY THURSDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never read steampunk, don't like horror.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/08/booking-through-thursday_9.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not a fan of certain memoirs and horror.

    http://thecharacterconnection.blogspot.com/2012/08/booking-through-thursday.html

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate you taking the time to comment :) It really means so much to me!! Thanks for stopping by!