Quantcast

Aug 24, 2012

Feature & Follow Friday



Feature & Follow is a weekly meme hosted by the lovely Parajunkee and Alison Can Read in which we book bloggers get to know each other a bit better and increase the number of our friends followers.

This week's question asks:

Worst cover? What is the worst cover a book that you've read and loved?


Welllll, it's not really a bad cover, it's just really kinda plain and generic ~ not saying much about the content of the book. It's actually a trilogy, but I'll go with book one ~ Torn by Amanda Hocking. I read this book back when she was still unknown, promoting her book for a whopping $0.99 on Amazon. I think the fact that it was under a buck caught my eye first, then the synopsis, then the ratings ~ one thing's for sure...it wasn't the cover.

Comparison ~ Then & Now



I loved this series ~ it prompted me to read the rest of Amanda's books, creating an avid fan. The new cover rocks, too. If you haven't read it, what the heck are you waiting for?







::other news::

Today's the last day to enter the giveaway for Such a Rush by Jennifer Echols. Enter here! Just thought I'd throw that out there ;).


Happy Reading Everyone :)


~ Keely ~ 

12 comments:

  1. Aw, they both look pretty to me. :) the second one is better, though.

    I'm a new gfc follower, would you please follow back? :)
    http://notjustnonsense.blogspot.com/2012/08/ff-feature-and-follow-29.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm with you. I don't mind this cover but it certainly doesn't give you any inkling of what the book might be about. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Happy Friday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I kinda liked all of Amanda Hockings original covers. The new ones are better, BUT i respect her because she did all of them herself.

    Old follower-
    My FF
    -Theresa
    Don’t forget to stop by and enter My giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  4. The new covers are soooo much prettier!!! Always wanted to start reading this series but never had the time :S

    *Following you back*

    ~Ariella @ A Sprinkle of Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, the first one is definitely plain compared to the new one, which I think is super pretty. :) Thanks for stopping by the blog! New follower. :)

    Mary @ Books Equal Brains!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually like both covers. Really, you should see some of the ones I've seen today! LOL This ones are beautiful in comparison! xD

    I'm a new follower via GFC (I'm under ele05gs), please follow back if you can.
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got to add this one! I love the new cover too. Amanda is my inspiration when I write :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah I didn't really like those covers! New Follower :) Here's my FF

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah. I love Amanda Hocking. Just did a tribute to her on my blog. If you would like to view it or my FF please visit Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's not so bad but I'm partial to the other set with the girl in front.

    Following you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't read this series yet, I probably should, seeing as it's about Faerie and all!
    The new cover is certainly better than the first!
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I still have to read this series but I'm definitely looking forward to it! I definitely like the updated cover better. I've heard amazing things about Amanda's novels. I really want to pick up a copy of Wake. :)

    New follower via GFC.

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate you taking the time to comment :) It really means so much to me!! Thanks for stopping by!